Directions: On the front of the notecard write the term. On the back complete each of the following three parts:
1. Define the term.
2. Write a logical and applicable sentence using the term.
3. Write three other words that are synonyms of the term or draw a picture that illustrates the term.
1. What is the definition of psychology? What two fields/areas did psychology develop from?
2. What approaches did Edward Titchener and William James create? How are they different?
3. What was Sigmund Freud's contribution to the field of psychology? How are his theories viewed today?
4. Why are theories and hypothesis important in psychology?
5. Panther Creek High School hires you as their new consultant. They’d like you to create an experiment that determines the effect of study time on exam performance. Create an experiment that determines this. After describing your experiment, label the IV, DV, Control Group, Experimental Group, and any confounding variables.
6. What is one advantage and one disadvantage of surveys?
7. Create an example where a naturalistic observation would be more appropriate than a case study.
8. Which of the six experimental ethics we discussed in class do you believe to be the most IMPORTANT and which do you think is the LEAST important? Why?
9. When would it be more appropriate to use a double-blind study than a single-blind study?
10. What type of data set might create a negatively skewed distribution? (You can make up an actual data stet of numbers or just generally describe what it would include.)